[Mesorah] aleph with a dagesh

Michael Poppers via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun May 21 09:49:22 PDT 2017

RSS, RAMiller, et al., it's easy to slur the *chiriq* of "tavi'u" into the
following vowel -- when I *lein* the word, I make sure to end the "y"
aspect of the *chiriq* before beginning the next/last vowel, and [not so]
tangentially the result is a bit of emphasis upon that last vowel.  Whether
that fulfills the intent of the *mappiq aleph*, I cannot say....

All the best from
*Michael Poppers* * Elizabeth, NJ, USA