[Mesorah] mishneh-kesef

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Dec 25 13:01:18 PST 2017

On Mon, Dec 25, 2017 at 03:44:51PM +0000, Mandel, Seth via Mesorah wrote:
: When words are connected with a maqqaf, the first word loses its stress
: and its vowel may b changed, because it is now considered part of a
: larger word. In some cases, there is a secondary stress on the first word;
: in others there is not.

Tangent, but very much halakhah lemaaseh:

And in Shema, how many /l/ sounds do you make in "al-levavekha"?
Do you say both lameds with a pause mid-teivah (I prefer that to
modifying the meaning of the word "word"), or pronounce it like
a lamed-degushah?

Micha Berger             "I hear, then I forget; I see, then I remember;
micha at aishdas.org        I do, then I understand." - Confucius
http://www.aishdas.org   "Hearing doesn't compare to seeing." - Mechilta
Fax: (270) 514-1507      "We will do and we will listen." - Israelites