[Mesorah] mis-accentuation

David and Esther Bannett dbnet at zahav.net.il
Thu Dec 21 11:22:46 PST 2017

On 12/21/2017 07:39 PM, Micha Berger wrote:
> I thought the chumash was lost from the Keter before it reached Jewish
> hands. How does BI have a copy its contents?

BI used a computer on the Keter to get statistics. For example, if a
certain style of word had a meteg in the vast majority of apearances,
they made it a klall and used that form in other places. Thus they
reconstituted the parts of the Keter that were missing.

Using their klallim. they took a piece of the keter and removed all
nikkud and  t'amim,  They then replaced the nikkud and t'amim according
to their klallim and compared it with the original.  They had over 90%
hat'ama.

David