[Mesorah] "pausal forms"

Mandel, Seth via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Apr 30 14:32:12 PDT 2017

the word Atta is a completely different subject, and more complicated, and I am not going to comment on it now.

As far as "pausal," as I carefully explained that there is NO rule that can tell you when the form should be used (prescriptively).  One can describe all the cases as "pausal," but that does not help, because there  is no definition of "pausal" that would cover all the cases and only these cases.

Rabbi Dr. Seth Mandel
Rabbinic Coordinator
The Orthodox Union

Voice (212) 613-8330     Fax (212) 613-0718     e-mail mandels at ou.org