[Mesorah] Rahbbee vs. Ribbi Danniyel 2:48

Akiva Miller via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Apr 30 05:37:25 PDT 2017

You all realize that this pasuk is Aramaic, right? Is there a
presumption that all the rules are the same in both languages?

Having seen what Hebrew looks like when transliterated into English,
vs what it looks like when transliterated into Spanish, I would *NOT*
presume that Aramaic and Hebrew follow the same rules for
pronunciation. (And kal vachomer not for grammar!)

Akiva Miller