[Mesorah] aleph with a dagesh

Mandel, Seth via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Apr 16 11:47:57 PDT 2017

But, as you know realize, "pausal" is not so simple to define. There may be a "simple" answer to the Dagestan in the aleph, but certainly not simple to explain without a lengthy course in the Masorah.
Regarding why some people get it wrong, most people do not even understand "Hebrew grammar," let alone the Masorah. Someone may be a great talmid chochom and a tzaddiq without knowing bobkes about trop. It is a specialized field and not something people learn anything about in studying G'moro.

Rabbi Dr. Seth Mandel