[Mesorah] Why is the guy's name Bigsan and not Bigtan?

via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Mar 23 09:53:22 PDT 2016

My inclination is that this is the most correct of the suggested answers
and the one that came to my mind as well.  It does also reinforce the
contention that the correct pronunciation of the thav is not "s."  Had "s"  been
acceptable, the transliterated name would have been written with a  samech.

In a message dated 3/23/2016 6:04:23 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,