[Mesorah] Bemidbar or Bamidbar? Or something else? in the midrashim

Akiva Miller via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Jun 19 09:23:45 PDT 2016

Here's what I find surprising about the titles as cited by R Dov Bloom: Why
is it that all of the first ones are the initial words, and then the very
last is based on the subject matter. If the last is going to be "Mishne
Torah" and not "Ayleh Hadvarim", then why don't we also have Sefer
Hapkudim, and Toras Kohanim, etc.?

The answer of course, is as RRW wrote: there are no rules, just natural
evolution.

Akiva Miller