[Mesorah] Bemidbar or Bamidbar? A proof name

Micha Berger via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Jun 6 08:49:52 PDT 2016

On 2016-06-06 11:34 am, Richard Wolpoe via Mesorah wrote:

> What does Sefer Hachinuch use?

במדבר, without niqud, no?

> What do the Masoretic notes say?

Don't they predate our parashah names?

I'm missing something, like maybe a missing sarcmark, interrobang or
percontation mark?

(Indicating sarcasm, surprise at the need to ask, or rhetorical
question, respectively.)

(See
http://mentalfloss.com/article/12710/13-little-known-punctuation-marks-we-should-be-using
for a fun list of proposals. With email and texting pushing people to
type as off-hand as they talk, we need something to fill in the role of
facial expression -- more such punctuation marks could do.)

_Tir'u baTov_!

Micha Berger             Here is the test to find whether your mission
micha at aishdas.org        on Earth is finished:
http://www.aishdas.org   if you're alive, it isn't.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                        - Richard Bach