[Mesorah] Boneih (B'rachamav) Yerushalayim

Dov Kramer via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Jun 5 20:23:54 PDT 2016

Very nice thought.

Y'yasher kochaich!

-----Original Message-----
From: Lori Linzer <lorirlinzer at gmail.com>
To: Dov Kramer <dovgoldie at cs.com>
Cc: Richard Wolpoe <rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com>; dovbbb <dovbbb at gmail.com>; akivagmiller <akivagmiller at gmail.com>; mesorah <mesorah at aishdas.org>
Sent: Sun, Jun 5, 2016 11:16 pm
Subject: Re: [Mesorah] Boneih (B'rachamav) Yerushalayim

          The question may be why we don't say "b'rachamim" instead.

Maybe it's because in both cases- and in the other brachot in which we see this-- we are referring to phenomena/entities that are distinctively His and cannot be compared with any human counterpart/equivalent. Our רחמים is not the same as His.