[Mesorah] Artscroll Psalm 145 - Zecher vs. Zeicher

Akiva Miller via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Apr 14 18:18:51 PDT 2016

I am having trouble understanding the concept that any of this needed to be
"fixed", because that requires one to say that it is broken beforehand. And
who is the authority that paskened that it was indeed broken? Is it so
far-fetched to say that languages - including Lashon Hakodesh - can and
*do* evolve?

Here is a very specific example of what I mean: When Sefer Divrei Hayamim
was written (or any time since) has anyone ever attempted to correct the
"misspelling" of Daviyd's name? I mean, the yud is an obvious error, right?
It might not change the pronunciation, but why is it there, and shouldn't
it be removed?

Akiva Miller