[Mesorah] Aramaic grammar

Micha Berger via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri May 15 03:40:30 PDT 2015

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 01:08:32AM +0000, Richard wrote:
:> And so Ribbi becomes Rav.

: My inderstand is that Ribbi denotes Semicahh in E"Y and Rav means no
: such Semichah, owing to "RAV" abba arika only getting a partial semichah.

Mine too. But my understanding is that this convention came from the
language norms of the locations in which they were common. (IOW, I'm
suggesting cause.)

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             Today is the 41st day, which is
micha at aishdas.org        5 weeks and 6 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Yesod sheb'Yesod: What is the ultimate measure
Fax: (270) 514-1507                     of self-control and reliability?