[Mesorah] Shaarei Yashar or Shaarei Yosher?

Zev Sero via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Aug 24 05:43:21 PDT 2015

On 08/24/2015 08:34 AM, Jeremy Rosenbaum Simon wrote:
> Unless yashar is a noun (which as far as I know it never is), it must
> be Yosher. Shaarei is smichut, and needs to be followed by a noun,
> like Yosher. Or am I missing something?

Yashar means "a straight person".  The title could refer to the person
using the gates, or (IMO far less likely) to the author.  But for the
reasons I gave, I think it more likely that the author intended "yosher".

--
Zev Sero               I have a right to stand on my own defence, if you
zev at sero.name          intend to commit felony...if a robber meets me in