[Mesorah] Tizku vs Tizki

Mandel, Seth mandels at ou.org
Mon Jun 24 03:49:26 PDT 2013

Ah, yes, but people do not understand the much-maligned Reb Philip: he was like Rabbi A Scroll: he wants to correct things. I,e, change the tradition. With no  Masorah to guide you, you rely on your own knowledge, and most scholars realize there is always going to be someone wiser than you. But in this he was no worse than most of the printers of siddurim. The only one different in my mind is R Zalman H, who KNEW he was greater than anyone else, and so did not hesitate to change whatever he wished on the basis of his own inventions.

Rabbi Seth Mandel
Sent from my iPhone