[Mesorah] Nekadesh

Kenneth Miller kennethgmiller at juno.com
Tue Jun 18 13:28:49 PDT 2013

and later he wrote:

> I was suggesting that mekadesh denotes more complete
> responsibility for the result than makdish does.

All of that fits together nicely, as I see it, if only you'd change "complete responsibility" to "direct responsibility".

In other words: When a man is mekadesh a woman, there is now a special relationship between the woman and himself. But when he is makdish a korban, the special relationship is between the korban and Gavoah.

... not that I have any idea what I'm talking about of course ... I'm just building on RDC's thoughts ...

Akiva Miller