[Mesorah] siyum b'rachah (was "S. Baer on Shelo Assani Nochri")

Poppers, Michael MPoppers at kayescholer.com
Mon Mar 19 10:42:11 PDT 2012

REMT wrote:
> It is the siyum which rarely has changes (and when it does, there are those who reject it, as witness "oseh hashalom").  Nochri for goy, however, is a change in the essential nusach of the b'racha, since for a short b'racha (one not ending with "baruch"), its text _is_ its siyum.  Ironically, though, the birkas eirusin is one of the rare ones in which there are differences of opinion about its siyum. <
I was under the impression that there are many b'rachos with a difference of opinion re the siyum, including many b'rachos in the Amidah (including the one REMT mentioned as well as bircas haminim and "R'tzei"), Hallel (at least, during the leil-Pesach Seder), the first post-"Shma" b'rachah during YT Ma'ariv, and the b'rachah on wine (sorry, just had to note that last one :))...and insofar as "short b'rachos" are concerned, how 'bout the Q re "Borei N'fashos" of shebara vs. shebarasa?

All the best from Michael