[Mesorah] S. Baer on Shelo Assani Nochri

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Mar 19 05:18:17 PDT 2012

When I taught symbolic logic, we claimed Dodgson as one of our own. Now I hear the linguists want him?! Truth is, he sounds to me like a serious menuval; he took nude photos of little girls. Society was such that mothers trusted that such a noted scholar was engaged in art. But we know from his relationship with the Little girls (which was platonic, for all I know) he enjoyed the company of little girls. Sounds like those posing sessions were about his pedophilia to me.. So, if you want him to be a linguist, I have no problem letting you claim him.

BTW, ever read the two "Alice" books with Martin Gardner's peirush?
Sent from my B'Berry