[Mesorah] S. Baer on Shelo Assani Nochri

Mandel, Seth mandels at ou.org
Mon Mar 19 05:13:52 PDT 2012

All you need is to look at any uncensored G'morro or Rambam to see it used in the singular. The term Hazal used was "amirah l'goy," for example, and virtually all exx of "Akum" are replacements for "goy" or "oved AZ.". The censors knew that "goy" referred to them, so replaced it with Akum (since the Christians did not worship the stars).

Rabbi Seth Mandel
Sent from my iPhone