[Mesorah] S. Baer on Shelo Assani Nochri

R. Rich Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 14:41:16 PDT 2012

    The author of Vayetar Yitzchak was at best a kal, and at worst an oisvurf; see the hakdama to the Eizor Eliyahu siddur.  K'vodo shel RS. Baer bimkomo munach, if one has to choose between, on the one hand, Baer and Satanov opting for l'shon Torah, and on the other hand the Tosefta, R. Amram Gaon, Rambam, Abudarham and Tur preferring l'shon chachamim (who authored the b'racha), the choice would seem obvious.

EMT»

So is it correct to presume that we choose based upon WHO rather than the nature of the S'vara?

Question 1

Hypothetically speaking - would anything change had ancient kisvei yad supported R Satanov,  R Baer et al?  Or regardless of textual evidence, we weigh the WHO regardless?
Shalom and Regards, RRW