[Mesorah] Pausal form In Mishnah

R. Rich Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 06:00:04 PST 2012

«Why make up rules and force everyone to follow them?  What
happened to free choice and different styles?»

The Rambam seems to have said that the Rabbis standardized prayers so that there would be less confusion - and LESS individuality

Are you saying we should have standards that are inconsistent and employ grammatical forms that don't match?

Also tefillah is not so "masoretic" because if it were so we'd probably be davening from a seder Rav Amram Gaon.

So I say let no one is force the issue. Let 1,000 nusachos bloom. Let everyone in shul shout out his own brand of kaddish and kedushah in a cacophony. We can even lain zecher zeicher zaych'r and zicher!

Shushan purim samie'ach

Shalom and Regards, RRW