[Mesorah] New Shtick

R. Rich Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 08:30:58 PST 2012

There are two related Issues re: Nusach and Minhag

1. Do we accept Nusach as is or do we roll it back to a more "authentic" earlier version?

2  Do we accept Minhag as is or do we roll it back to a more "authentic" earlier version?

And it seems sometimes that some people may wish to roll back nusach and still be open to "new" Minhag and vice versa.

It's become obvious to me since R Hofmeister published his siddur, that the Nusach Ashkenaz at EG KAJ is not the "pristine" Nusach Ashkenaz of the Rishonim.

I can't be certain of the Minhagim, but R Binyamin Sh'lomoh Hamburger's works seem to best reveal the origins and nature of old Minhag Ashkenaz.
Shalom and Regards, RRW