[Mesorah] FW: Psalm 145, Zecher vs. Zeicher

R. Rich Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 07:06:51 PST 2012

then some four or. five years ago,when gabbaim changed again, the new gabbai, a
super baal k'ri'a, read himself and after reading with the
usual Israeli pronunciation repeated with litvishe Ashkenazi. pronunciation (each with repeated pasuk).  I complained to. him, with a smile, that I felt hurt that he didn't read for. me with a galizianer pronunciation. The following year, he. read Israeli accent and Ashkenazi and then called a sefaradi. to read with a North African accent and tune.  The next two years a Teimani was added. What will happen next year?  While still feel it wrong that the galitzianer are being
boycotted, I manage to live with it.

David »

At least this can be chalked up to Pre-Purim shtick
Shalom and Regards, RRW