[Mesorah] She'ata / Sha'ata

Mandel, Seth mandels at ou.org
Wed Feb 22 04:25:07 PST 2012

I had hoped someone would correct you on this.
The form QeTeL does not change in s'michus.  Melekh Mitzrayim, not m'lakh.
The form Q'TaL (with a qomatz also does not change in s'michus.
With suffixes, the former changes to QiTL- or QaTL-.  The latter does not change with suffixes.  Ever.

Rabbi Seth Mandel
Rabbinic Coordinator
The Orthodox Union
11 Broadway, New York, NY  10004