[Mesorah] us'ara / us'arahh

R. Rich Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 11:58:22 PDT 2012

REMT
     I think he was right in being dissatisfied with the obvious answer.  Onkelos
translates the one without the mappik as sin-ayin-reish-alef, which means either "a. hair" or "the hair, but definitely not "its hair."  The one with the. mappik is translated sin-ayin-reish-mapipik hei, "its hair." »

Also pursuant to REMT's point, I would expect a comment from Minchas Shai IF the MS deemed it a Masoretic "slip-up".  Did the MS make any comment here along this lines?
Shalom and Regards,      RRW