[Mesorah] Kosht

kennethgmiller at juno.com kennethgmiller at juno.com
Thu Oct 16 14:16:24 PDT 2008

<<< Two successive are generally nach and na in that order, >>>

I remembered that rule, but "ko-shut" sounded wrong.

<<< except at the end of a word where they are both nach. >>>

That's the rule I was missing. I guess "kosht" was correct. Thanks!

And if two shvas are at the beginning of the word, they are na and nach, to form a syllable, am I right?

(I vaguely recall someone once mentioned a search program which would go through Tanach looking for patterns of vowels, ignoring the consonants. Sound familiar to anyone?)

Akiva Miller