[Mesorah] Shalsheles; 21 books

D&E-H Bannett dbnet at zahav.net.il
Sat Nov 29 12:38:47 PST 2008

Re: <<when it comes to shalshelet, the 3 are stronger than
the 21.
I suppose that you mean that there are more.>>

Correct.

As to the stopping power of the ta'amei Emet, just as in the
teamim of the 21, there is a similar breakdown of stronger
and weaker mafsikim and a group of mechab'rim.  Shalshelet
gedola is a weakish mafsik and shalshelet ketana is a
mechaber.

One interesting thing is, that in the 21 the etnachta is the
strongest mafsik after the sof pasuk while, in the 3, the
etnachta is the third and there is a stronger one, the oleh
v'yored that holds second place.

Unfortunately, I know very little about the ta'amei emet.
Over the years, I've often thought that the time had come
for me to start learning about them but I never got around
to it and probably never will.

David