[Mesorah] Ba'omer vs la'omer.

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue May 6 05:38:16 PDT 2008

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 11:19:15AM +0300, D&E-H Bannett wrote:
: As I've written before, puk chazi mai 'ama dvar:

Assumin `ama in general paid attention to the differtence, it would
carry more weight.

: I will change to la-omer after lag la-omer or after tish'a
: l-Av or 'asara le-Tevet. Until then I stick to ba-omer
: because that's the way people talk the language.

La laOmer, naniach.

But Tish'a beAv and Asarah beTeiveis.... A month is definitely a whole,
of which the day is a part. It's not like omer where there is a machloqes
whether the counting is a collection of days, or the day is part of a
single count. If you buy into my sevarah that the variations in nusach
is the same machloqes as the one to whether each day is a mitzvah bifnei
atzmah, be-<Month_Name> doesn't prove anything.

micha at aishdas.org        2 weeks and 2 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Netzach sheb'Tifferes: What type of discipline
Fax: (270) 514-1507                             does harmony promote?