[Mesorah] ham'chadesh, ham'vorach, ...

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Jun 4 10:33:44 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 11:56:35AM -0500, Michael Hamm wrote:
: On Thu, 29 May 2008, I wrote, in part:
: >"ham'chadesh", "ham'vorach", "ham'shubach", etc.

: Thank you all for your responses!  A good yom tov,

But what did we conclude?

It still seems like the siddurim are wrong in denoting both a sheva nach
and an undotted mem. I refuse to believe an exception this common isn't
commented upon in anyone's discussion of the rules. If it were an
exception.

And yet, my guess is none of you are going to start saying
"hamvorakh"...

micha at aishdas.org        6 weeks and 3 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Tifferes sheb'Malchus: What is the beauty of
Fax: (270) 514-1507               unity (on all levels of relationship)?