[Mesorah] this week's haftorah (OFF-LIST)

Gershon Dubin gershon.dubin at juno.com
Fri Feb 1 09:24:48 PST 2008

I believe no dilug lemafre'ah (in a klaf;  a chumash is clearly not the same) in one sefer is a machlokes acharonim;  the Mishna Berura brings the whole array.

Gershon
gershon.dubin at juno.com

-- "Elazar M. Teitz" <remt at juno.com> wrote:
     I seem to be only partially in the loop on this topic: I received your comments, and all but one of RDCohen, but none of RMichael Poppers.

     Inferring what he wrote from your comment below, I believe he misunderstood what I said.  On Shabbos Shuva, the order we read the haftarah is Hoshea, Micha, Yoel, as it appears in the old chumashim. We read haftaros from a full Tanach, and Michael prepares it before Shabbos with Post-its or the like, so that there is no need to search.  I told him that were we to use a klaf, I would exchange the positions of Micha and Yoel; but that in a printed Tanach, we are not makpid.  Likewise, the reading of the first and last p'sukim of the unread haftaros (Machar Chodesh on a Shabbos/Sunday Rosh Chodesh,   Hashamayim Kis'i on Shabbos Rosh Chodesh Adar, Nissan, Av, and both on Shabbos Rosh Chodesh Teves), which we do, would be eliminated if we read from a klaf.

     I don't believe the above represents chumra beyond what I understand the halacha to be (i.e., never a dilug from one sefer to another, and no dilug l'mafrei'a in the same sefer).  If it does, I would appreciate it being pointed out explicitly.

     A guten Shabbos.

EMT

-- "Gershon Dubin" <gershon.dubin at juno.com> wrote:
<<> trei asar, where it is asur midina degemara <
Perhaps you meant to add "when reading from a k'laf" (as opposed to a printed book)?  We had this conversation before (see http://www.aishdas.org/avodah/vol07/v07n090.shtml#06).>>

I had forgotten.  Yes, that is what I meant;  in fact it appears that REMT is more machmir re lemafre'ah in one sefer than might otherwise have been determined from review of the relevant sources.

Gershon
gershon.dubin at juno.com

Click here to save cash and find low rates on auto loans.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2121/fc/Ioyw6i3ndyHy8EzpTRRD1ireBW7fEnJgBxQmDuZimFe4a3R5q8RULQ/