[Mesorah] Fwd: Lashon Tanach vs. Lashon Hazal

Richard Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 14:24:18 PDT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Richard Wolpoe <rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com>
Date: Sep 11, 2007 5:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Mesorah] Lashon Tanach vs. Lashon Hazal
To: D&E-H Bannett <dbnet at zahav.net.il>

On 9/11/07, D&E-H Bannett <dbnet at zahav.net.il> wrote:

> Re:  <<Ashkenazi blessings (e.g., borei peri hagafen) and
> Sefardi blessings (borei peri hagefen)>>
>

> This is not a Ashkenazi vs. Sefaradi thing.

I don't know whene it started but Ashkenazim use the Pausal forms beshita.
Shelo asani Oved [not eved]
Morid hagOshem
usnemuah maf'apOy
Ki mochel v'solieach OTOH

It is the Ashkenazic thing to do  I haven't researched every text but
Seligmann Baer and Wofl Heidenhim both are consistent on these matters.

This dovetails with my question re: lieshev instead of lasheves.  Ashkeanzim
almost presume Tanachi Pausal, I saw this as to suggest as Tanachi approach
to Brachos in general

-RRW

--
Kesiva vaChasima Tova