[Mesorah] shata avonosenu l'negdecha

Yitzchak M. Gottlieb zuki+aishdas at CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue Dec 11 06:43:37 PST 2007

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007, Michael Hamm wrote:

> T'hilim 90 (T'fila L'Moshe) has "shata avonosenu l'negdecha"; "shata" is
> listed as chaser he, and is mil'ra.  A couple of questions:
>
> Why is it listed as chaser he?  Most past tense verbs (second person
> masculine singular) are written without a he.  (Of course, some have a he,
> but still.)

Perhaps in contrast to T'hilim 8:7?  (Although I would have expected a slightly
different note.

> Why is it mil'ra?  Again, most past tense verbs are not.  (I see Radak on
> the pasuk says that, for an explanation of its being mil'ra, one should
> check his Michlol; but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a copy in
> St. Louis.)

Radak in sefer Michlol posits that it may be due to the 'Ayin with a chataf
patach in the next word.

Zuki

--
Yitzchak Gottlieb