[Mesorah] HQBH

Zvi Lampel hlampel at thejnet.com
Fri Nov 24 11:59:47 PST 2006

On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 RMB wrote:

> ...When you say Qaddish from the amud,...I assume no one who is interested enough in lashon haqodesh > to be on this list pauses for the purpose of saying "berikh Hu" /with/ the qahal.

And how frustrating it is waiting for the chazzan to say it, while the chazzan is waiting for me (the "qahal") to say it!--Similar to waiting for "v'imru amen"s to end before responding "amen" (particularly before starting Musaf, where many tend to sing the "amen" together with the chazzan. They seem to think "v'im'ru" means, "..and all together now...!").

Ach, the frustrations of knowledge....

Zvi Lampel