[Mesorah] HQBH

Minden phminden at arcor.de
Wed Dec 6 01:55:34 PST 2006

REMT wrote:
>>> How, then, does one understand and parse "ana avda d'kudsha b'rich hu"?
>>
>> That touches on the question when the seifer hazouer was written.
>
> Does the Kaddish Hagadol, with the phrase "v'yamlich kudsha b'rich hu b'malchuseih viykareih," also originate with the Zohar?

No, it's probably slightly earlier; the Rambem has it already, though I think dafke without this phrase. This extended kaddish isn't early. But anyway the gemore has the wording too.

As I said, I don't have the sources at the moment, so I'll leave it open for the time being. Of course, the existence of the phrase in the meaning of" hakkodoush boruch hu" wouldn't solve the question yet, or explain why people answer "berich hu" or "amen".

LPhM
http://lipmans.blogspot.com