[Mesorah] Hamotzi lechem min ha'adama???

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sat Dec 2 16:00:21 PST 2006

On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 12:30:39AM +0100, B. Rosenberg (br at ettyketty.ch) wrote:
: My 5 ½ years old grandson asked the following question:
: Why do we say: bore pri ha'adama - but: hamotzi lechem min ha'aretz?
: Why not: bore pri ha'aretz, or: hamotzi lechem min ha'adama?
: As I so far have no answer, I forward the question to our chaverim on
: MESORAH.

I'm not sure it's on topic for mesorah rather than Avodah, but we'll see
what happens. Here it's more normal to discuss if Sepharadim who say
"berei peri hagefen" (with two segols) say "hamotzi lechem min ha'eretz"
(rather than "ha'aretz"), and if not, why not?

Gut Voch!
-mi

--
Micha Berger             When a king dies, his power ends,
micha at aishdas.org        but when a prophet dies, his influence is just