[Avodah] chasurei?

Simon Montagu simon.montagu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 00:49:35 PDT 2024

On Tue, Oct 1, 2024 at 5:22 AM Joel Rich via Avodah <
avodah at lists.aishdas.org> wrote:

> I heard R H Schachter quote the Gra as saying that when the gemara says
> chasurei meohsera vhachi katani, it doesn’t mean that there are words
> missing but rather that this is the proper understanding of the original
> intent which was written in terse language. Anyone know where this appears?

Hebrew Wikipedia sources it to here in the Gra's son's Rav Pe'alim:
https://hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=14013&st=&pgnum=108&hilite= as
well as several other sources, including Rabbenu Bahya on Shemot 34:27

https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%97%D7%A1%D7%95%D7%A8%D7%99_%D7%9E%D7%97%D7%A1%D7%A8%D7%90#cite_note-12