[Avodah] Guide to Blessings

Sholom Simon sholom at aishdas.org
Thu Jun 27 11:15:20 PDT 2024

My kids, in their early day school years, used Hoffman, "Guide to
Blessings" for learning, and for studying for the "Brocho Bee", etc.  Very
handy.

I think this would be a perfect book for a friend of a Reform rabbi friend
who wants to dip her toe into the water of expanding her Jewish practice.
I went online (
https://www.amazon.com/Guide-Blessings-Brochos-Various-Foods/dp/1879016095/ref=sr_1_1)
and, lo and behold, it's out of print, not available anywhere (except for
exorbitant price) -- I checked other bookstores, eBay, Artscroll, OU Press,
etc.

Can anyone recommend a suitable substitute?  (After searching, I did find
https://www.amazon.com/Every-Persons-Guide-Jewish-Blessings/dp/1602804281/ref=sr_1_1
-- but, really, I'm just looking for a handy list of "for x food, make
blessing y")

Thanks!

-- Sholom