[Avodah] material success

Joel Rich joelirarich at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 19:47:21 PDT 2024

My comment on the most recent Tradition :
https://traditiononline.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/Tradition-Spring-2024-SUMMIT.pdf

A very sad read. I’d suggest that much of the phenomenon is due to the
wrong frame of reference (what everyone else has) rather than on “When
Rabbi Zusha was on his deathbed, his students found him in uncontrollable
tears. They tried to comfort him by telling him that he was almost as wise
as Moses and as kind as Abraham, so he was sure to be judged positively in
Heaven. He replied, “When I pass from this world and appear before the
Heavenly Tribunal, they won’t ask me, ‘Zusha, why weren’t you as wise as
Moses or as kind as Abraham,’ rather, they will ask me, ‘Zusha, why weren’t
you Zusha?’ Why didn’t I fulfill my potential, why didn’t I follow the path
that could have been mine.”” Bsorot tovot

joel rich