[Avodah] Chamor defiled Dinah

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Dec 14 10:59:48 PST 2023

On Sun, Dec 03, 2023 at 09:39:03AM -0500, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
> appears many times, especially in Sefer Shemos in relation to the keilim of
> the mishkan) means: (A) gold that is ritually pure, either by immersion in
> a mikveh or by never becoming tamei to begin with, or (B) gold that is pure
> in the sense of having no other metals alloyed into it...

R Yehudah (Menachos 29a) says that Shelomo melted the gold and spilled off
the dross so many times, that is took him 1,000 kikarim of initial gold to
get something from which he would make the menorah.

"Zahav tahor" means (b), gold with no other metals alloyed into it.

I have used this idea to explain the Ramchal's and RSRH's description of
taharah. Free will unalloyed by habits of gashmiyus.

A lichtikn un freilechn Chanukah!

Micha Berger                 Between stimulus & response, there is a space.
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   In that space is our power to choose our
Author: Widen Your Tent      response. In our response lies our growth
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF    and our freedom. - Victor Frankl, (MSfM)