[Avodah] tzedakah collector

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Dec 12 13:57:05 PST 2023

On Wed, Dec 06, 2023 at 05:55:16AM +0200, Joel Rich wrote to *Areivim*
(but I think this is the more appropriate venue):
> What is the best practice if you've started the amida and a tzedakah
> collector comes in front of you to collect?

I would say a few words of Shemoneh Esrei loud enough for him to hear,
and therefor to know to move on. I think that not responding at all,
as though kavvanah trumps answering him, is inappropriate. You know
he is staning there collecting; you have to work to restore kavvanah
either way.

And also, to come back, if he wishes to. (Or you may wish to go to
him. Either way.)

An enlightening and enjoyable Chanukah!