[Avodah] Aruch Hashulchan Quote

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sun Oct 29 12:11:14 PDT 2023

On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 01:10:42AM +0300, Joel Rich via Avodah wrote:
> 2 discussing the status of the chazaka of a former house minyan when a
> permanent shul is built "as it is known that multiple individual minyanim
> cause destruction in the city."

Somewhat more Areivim-y than Avodah, but...

The rav of the shteibl down the street suggested a connection to the OTD
rate.

More father's used to show more loyalty to a single shul. And a child
grew up with a real sense of belonging to that shul.

In a neighborhood (like mine) with many shuls, it is more common that
dad davens in the minyan factory on workdays, in the nearest shul Friday
night and maybe Shabbos afternoon, and gives his allegiance to a shul
he goes to only once a week -- Shabbos morning!

No social anchor of belonging to a shul and its community -- more go
OTD.

Micha Berger                 What we do for ourselves dies with us.
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   What we do for others and the world,
Author: Widen Your Tent      remains and is immortal.
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF                      - Albert Pine