[Avodah] faith and doubt

Joel Rich joelirarich at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 19:51:49 PST 2023

------------------------------

>From R’ Lichtenstein

Regardless of what issues--moral, theological, textual or historical--vexed
me, I was confident that they had been raised by masters far sharper and
wiser than myself; and if they had remained impregnably steadfast in their
commitment, so should and could I. I intuited that, his categorical
formulations and imperial certitude notwithstanding, Rav Hutner had surely
confronted whatever questions occurred to me. Later, I felt virtually
certain the Rav had, so that the depth and intensity of their service of
God was doubly reassuring.

bsorot tovot

joel rich