[Avodah] 100 Berakhos a Day - What are Berakhos?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Nov 2 06:17:48 PDT 2023

I am fishing for a maqor that would let me count appropriately worded
greetings -- the berakhos we give each other -- among the requisite 100
berakhos a day.

Like "Shalom Aleikhem!" (assuming you mean "Shalom" as a kinui; see the
Arukh, os ayin #333, where is it linked to "H' Imakhem!"). Or "May G-d
give you a nice day!"

If so, a "stretch goal": what about "Have a nice day!" and leaving HQBH
to kavvanah?

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger                 "Fortunate indeed, is the man who takes
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   exactly the right measure of himself,  and
Author: Widen Your Tent      holds a just balance between what he can
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF    acquire and what he can use." - Peter Latham