[Avodah] THE MEANING OF ROV AS PER THE RAMBAM

Brent Kaufman cbkaufman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 16:53:14 PDT 2023

>>  But to my surprise, even in the context of those pesukim, the Rambam in
the third perek of Hilchos Teshuva, second halacha, translates it as
"attained majority."
>>  He writes that when one's sins (in the sense of their seriousness)
attain the majority over one's virtues, one thereby is judged a rasha.

However, the Rambam goes on to say shortly afterwards (in the same halacha)
that "majority" isn't considered by quantity but rather quality; and, as he
says, only HKBH can make that determination, I (me CBK) question why he
wrote this halacha at all, since it is not practical in any way. Can anyone
shed light on this?

Chaimbaruch Kaufman