[Avodah] Kli sheini

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sun Jul 16 11:56:06 PDT 2023

On Fri, Jul 14, 2023 at 02:48:41PM +0300, Marty Bluke via Avodah wrote:
> For a very interesting take on kli sheini see the Ohr Sameach hilchos
> shabbos chapter 9 Halacha 2.

It is very interesting how R Meir Simchah haKohein links keli sheini to
gerama, garmi, koach sheini, etc...

But it only addresses hilkhos Shabbos.

It doesn't explain why a keli that someone poured boiling meat stew into
wouldn't become a fleishig pot.

And since the gemara and rishonim make arguments about one from the other,
I would expect the definiition and motivation for keli sheini to be the
same for both hilkhos Shabbos and taaroves.

PS: I have familial reasons to be biased in favor of anything the OS
writes, but this doesn't work for me. (From wiki: "Both his son in law
and daughter died young and are buried in Warsaw. As a result of this, one
of his most prominent students and a close friend, Rabbi Yisrael Avraham
Abba Krieger, committed to carrying on his legacy." My greatgrandfather;
my mother's maiden name is Krieger. My ggf actually spent much of his
adolecence in the OS's home.)

--
Micha Berger                 In the days of our sages, man didn't sin unless
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   he was overcome with a spirit of foolishness.
Author: Widen Your Tent      Today, we don't do a mitzvah unless we receive
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF    a spirit of purity.      - Rav Yisrael Salanter