[Avodah] Machlokos on Peyrushim Mekubalim

Zvi Lampel zvilampel at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 11:45:10 PDT 2023

Countless mefarshim and mechabrim have understood the Rambam to hold that
there can be no machlokes /*about*/ peyrushim mekubalim miSinai, and
give *docheh
teyrutzim *to obvious contradictions in Shas to the idea. The Chavos Yair
lists several examples and ends with his hands up in the air.

In *Dynamics/Understanding Machlokes *I make the case that the Rambam never
said such a thing, and what he did say is that if it is agreed a halacha is
something Msoshe Rabbeynu taught us explicitly, no one would /*contest/* it.
I also deal with why he feels it necessary to make such an apparently
obvious point.

As with all brilliant chidushim, the ma'aleh is also the chisaron.--No one
else has said it, and indeed I found that everyone else assumes otherwise.
Until now. I have just discovered that Rav Yitzchak Sheilat (the Rosh
Yeshiva and contemporary translator of the Rambam's works from Arabic to
Hebrew)  is of the same opinion as I.

Baruch Shekivanti (although I think I said it in print first...).

Zvi Lampel

https://www.ybm.org.il/Admin/uploaddata/LessonsFiles/Pdf/18467.pdf