[Avodah] kaddish

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Mar 31 05:53:57 PDT 2023

On Fri, Mar 31, 2023 at 09:35:52AM +0300, Joel Rich wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 30, 2023 at 11:40PM Micha Berger <micha at aishdas.org> wrote:
>> But I am wondering how he argues not saying the minhag hamaqom's version
>> of Qaddish.

> In Yabia Omer 6:10 he argues that there's no lo titgodedu in nusach since
> everyone knows there are differences so won't cause machloket.  In yalkut
> yosef psukei dzimra 56:25, kaddish is specifically discussed.

That would explain a pickup minyan, or a shul in Israel where the norm is
to daven the chazan's choice.

The case I was picturing was closer to your wording, "a sfardi who
is davening in an ashkenazi miyan". It sounds like a case where there
is a minhag hamaqom being violated, aside from lo sisgodedu among the
attendees.

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger                 People were created to be loved.
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   Things were created to be used.
Author: Widen Your Tent      The reason why the world is in chaos is that
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF    things are being loved, people are being used.