[Avodah] rules of psak

Joel Rich joelirarich at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 20:34:42 PDT 2023

I wanted to ask about yaal kgam and general rules, such as the halacha is
we hold rav yochanan over rav.
In the first case, are we saying that somewhere before the gemara was
closed someone (who?)looked at every difference of opinion, and determined
that the logic of rava was correct except in these six cases?

In the other general rules is it that each case was looked at or it was
decided as a normative approach always to follow that particular rabbi
without working at each specific case? (hangaga vs birrur?)

KT
Joel Rich