[Avodah] spilt wine ten plagues - Chas VeShalom that HKBH Failed

Rabbi Meir G. Rabi meirabi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 08:15:15 PDT 2023

R Zev S is not comfortable with a suggestion that HKBH failed
yes indeed  it a V harsh comment
BUT in this case is it not in fact the greatest PRAISE - that this is
indeed the GREATNESS of HKBH
that He grants FREE WILL and permits us to defy Him?

Indeed the very energy of muscle, of mind and of spirit, that is required
and utilised to defy HKBH
is in fact GIVEN by HKBH as we perpetrate our mutiny
Sham Ata Motzeh UnVeNuSoi

Of course HKBH could pull the plug
could reprogramme our hearts and minds
but is that the purpose of Creation?

Furthermore Reb Z's protests are Tul LeCha Mah ShaHeVeSa
a Rabbinic Mishnaic [Chullin Ch4] way of saying, you have shot yourself in
your own foot!

On the one hand R' Zev says HaShem NEVER INTENDED TO win over the
Egyptians, of ANYTHING
OK lets say that is the case
But then it is a little inconsistent to simultaneously suggest that
HKBH wanted the REST OF THE WORLD to learn THE LESSON

and what would that lesson be
not to toy with His Children?

So The ENTIRE WORLD can learn, SHOULD LEARN
But not the Egyptians?
and not the 80%?

And besides - the problem you wish to avoid Reb Z, is now EVEN MORE
PRONOUNCED
not only did HKBH fail with the Egyptians and the Yidden who perished
during Choshech
HKBH failed to persuade the WHOLE WORLD

Ot His success was short lived
Short circuited by Amalek who leaped into the boiling bathwater and was
scalded
but 'proved' that HKBH is not invincible
Amalek was the Roger Bannister of his generation

Certainly this cannot be an occasion to raise a full Koss and utter a full
throated Praise to Glorify HKBH Success?

As for the 80% about whom Reb Zev says - HKBH NEVER INTENDED to take them
out of Mitzrayim -
REALLY? were these UNDESIRABLES not capable of Teshuvah?

Were the Mitzriyim not capable of Teshuvah?

Was it not HKBH's failure when the Yidden made an Eigel
When Adam and Chava ...
When Avraham Avinu ...
When ... we fail to live up to the potential that HKBH has implanted within
us with our Neshama?

Best,

Meir G. Rabi

0423 207 837