[Avodah] spilt wine ten plagues

Rabbi Meir G. Rabi meirabi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 16:19:42 PDT 2023

The Koss is raised to express gratitude but more importantly, to applaud
HKBH, to praise HKBH.

Before a 'toast' we are advised to 'charge' our cups - a full cup is a mark
of distinction but a cup that is not full may even be an insult!

How can we celebrate and praise HKBH's power and glory when HKBH failed?
80% of the Jews perished during the plague of darkness - is that a
testimony to HKBH's honour?
They witnessed 8 plagues and still remained unconvinced!

The Egyptians did not SEE HKBH's glory and convert or abandon their foolish
commitment to AZara
For a moment Paroh said - HKBH is the Tzaddik and I and my people are the
evil ones.
They witnessed TEN plagues and still remained unconvinced!

Each plague, each Wonder, each Sign - was HKBH trying to display His Glory
and persuade the spectators to open their eyes minds and hearts to Truth
but HKBH failed
How can we raise a full Koss to praise HKBH in such circumstances?
For each failure we remove some wine from the Koss
and we do not refill it

ON THAT GREAT DAY He will BE ONE and His NAME will be ONE

until then HKBH's Throne is incomplete
Ki Yad Al Kess Kah

Best,

Meir G. Rabi