[Avodah] Bankruptcy/Shemitah

Joseph Kaplan jkaplan at tenzerlunin.com
Wed Mar 22 10:55:13 PDT 2023

"This last paragraph is exactly what Rav Schwab told the man who now wanted to give a large donation to his yeshiva, namely, now that he has the money, he has to pay those to whom he owed money.”

I wonder what Rav Schwab told borrowers, who had no pruzbul with their lenders, and whose debts were wiped out in shmittah. Did he tell them to pay the debt anyway if they had the money? Note: This is not a rhetorical question.I don’t know the answer, I can imagine different possibilities, so I’d really like to know what he told them.
Joseph